Current Job Posting
Position: Environmental Consultant, Social Consultant
Location: Houston, TX
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Posted: December 2013
Acorn International, LLC is a respected, niche consultancy that delivers social and environmental risk assessment/management consulting services to international industries and investors worldwide. New business and a strong prospect for growth have created a need to add 2 consultants with experience in environmental and/or social assessment for extractive industry and investor projects worldwide. We are looking for more team members with a passion for helping manage social and environmental risks as part of exploration and development projects worldwide, an ability to work as part of a team to deliver outstanding results, and an ambition for professional growth. The successful candidates will join our dynamic, highly regarded Houston-based team on a full-time employee basis.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in social sciences or environmental sciences/management
- Experience in performing social impact/needs assessment or environmental assessment for extractive industry activities
- Demonstrated strong writing and research skills
- Ability to work as part of a team but also to progress on work assignments with limited direction and interaction at times
- Ability to communicate proficiently in foreign language(s)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- International experience
- Advanced degree (Master’s, PhD, etc.)
- Consultant experience
The successful candidates can expect a competitive salary and benefits, flexible working conditions, and an opportunity to advance with a well-regarded and fast-growing consultancy.
Acorn International is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, and reference "Consultant Application" in the subject line.