March 5, 2014
Acorn International's Dean Slocum, Atma Khalsa and Mary Beth Snodgrass will be appearing at the SPE International Conference on Health, Safety, and the Environment in Long Beach, CA on March 17-19.
Considered to be the E&P industry's premier international event highlighting HSE best practices and challenges, the conference is expected to attract more than 1,200 health, safety, and environment professionals working in and beyond the oil and gas sector. This year's theme is "The Journey Continues."
Our involvement includes:
- Acorn International booth (#303) in the Exhibition Hall (Monday – Wednesday)
- We have a few complimentary guest passes and would be glad to invite you to visit us. Please email us if you’d like one.
- We will have background material and representatives of Equitable Origin at our booth. Equitable Origin is a new certification, certificate trading and eco-label system. Please come check out this exciting new initiative that aims to promote, recognize and reward outstanding social and environmental performance in E&P operations.
- Session 6: Fracking: Mary Beth Snodgrass is an alternate and will be presenting on the Social Side of Shale in Latin America either at this session or afterwards, as an e-poster (Monday)
- Session 55: Engaging the Next Generation to Believe and Behave Safely: Mary Beth Snodgrass will be a panelist (Wednesday)
- Young Professionals (YPs): Networking Reception (Sunday) and Mentoring Luncheon (Monday): Please encourage young HSSE-SR professionals to attend these inaugural YP events. Mary Beth Snodgrass is on the organizing committee, and several Acorn International clients and contacts are participating as mentors/speakers, including:
- Doug Bannerman, Statoil
- Gary Brooks, Kosmos
- Steve Freemyer, BHP Billiton
- Gabriella Rigg Herzog, Hess
Please consider visiting our booth or any of the events listed above. We look forward to seeing you there!
For more information on the conference schedule, visit www.spe.org.