Current Job Posting
Position: Environmental Consultant
Location: Houston, Texas
Salary Range: Depends on candidate experience
Posted: June 2015
Acorn International delivers environmental, sustainability and non-technical risk management consulting services to international industries and investors. We do so through an innovative model of partnering with and strengthening the capacity of experts in 50+ countries to deliver local know-how in the context of expert direction, yielding world-class results, affordable solutions, and a demonstrable commitment to developing the capabilities of in-country resources. Working with Acorn helps international industries and investors to better manage the increasingly delicate balance between meeting internal requirements for high quality, reliable and simplified service while satisfying host-country demands for maximum local content and capacity building.
Acorn International seeks to hire a senior environmental consultant with broad skills, international experience, an ambition for growth and an ability to develop and manage new business.
Desired skills and qualities include:
- 10 + years of environmental consulting experience
- Master’s degree in environmental engineering/science or related field
- Strong professional work ethic, initiative and integrity
- Experience in performing and leading EIA, baseline studies, due diligence assessment, and related services
- Strong client relations capabilities
- Willingness to occasionally travel to and work in developing countries on short (normally one week or less) assignments
- Previous international experience working on extractive and/or development projects
- Ability to provide direction to teams of experts from partner companies in other countries
- Ability to accomplish work assignments without extensive direction
- Ability to communicate in foreign language(s) is a strong plus; preferably fluent in French
- Mining industry experience and contacts also a strong plus
The location of this position is at Acorn International’s Houston office; other locations may potentially be considered under exceptional circumstances. The successful candidate can expect a competitive salary and benefits, flexible working conditions, and an opportunity to advance with a well-regarded consultancy that has repeat contracts in place with major oil and gas companies.
Acorn International is an equal opportunity employer.