Acorn International provides Capacity Building and Training services to companies, governments and civil society to promote efficient and sustainable development programs worldwide.
On-going capacity assessment and building is critical to keep up with fast-evolving best practices and challenges in social and environmental performance.
Acorn International, LLC offers Capacity Building and Training solutions ranging from one-day events to long-term programs. Learn more about our five primary training programs here:
- Principles, Methods and Trends in Environmental, Social and Health Impact Assessment (ESHIA) for Extractive Industries
- Strengthening Social Performance in Extractive Industry Activities
- Financial Institution Environmental and Social Performance Requirements: Meeting International Finance Corporation (IFC) Performance Standards and other requirements
- Delivering Local Content in the Extractives Industries
- Human Rights Due Diligence for Extractive Industries
Our training programs can be customized for a group to meet participants’ availability and needs. We also offer online training. Additional fit-for-purpose Capacity Building and Training solutions, include:
- Competency Needs Assessment and Training
- Definition of Competency/Qualification Criteria and Development Plans
- Course Development (i.e., Manuals, Curriculum, etc.)
- Gap Assessment
- Workshop Development, Instruction and/or Facilitation
- Facilitation of South-South and Triangular Cooperation
Our Capacity Building and Training experience includes:
- ESIA Best Practices Training of Environmental Protection Agency staff in Liberia
- Public Infrastructure and Governance Capacity Needs Assessments for Industrial Developments in Suriname, French Guiana and Mauritania
- Environmental and Social Governance Capacity Needs Assessment and Development Program (in conjunction with the World Bank and other donor agencies) for the Ministry of Environment, Science and Technology in Ghana
- Human Rights Impact Assessment and Management Training for an International Extractives Company
- IFC Performance Standards Training in US, Ghana and Cote d’Ivoire
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment and Management Planning Support to In-Country Teams for Development Projects throughout Latin America and the Caribbean for the Inter-American Development Bank
- ESHIA Training in Brasil, Thailand, Kuwait and Malaysia
To read more about our Capacity Building and Training, visit our Experience page.
To inquire about our solution to your Capacity Building and Training needs, please contact us at email@example.com.