Environmental and Social Due Diligence Assessment
Acorn International offers a wide range of services and experience in Environmental and Social Due Diligence (ESDD) Assessment.
Clear and reliable assessments of integrated social and environmental risks are critical to maintaining the integrity of projects, operations and corporate reputations. We help clients identify, assess and manage potential environmental, social, and governance (ESG) sesitivities and risks, including biodiversity, community impact, health, safety, security, labor conditions, supply chain compliance, community and political/regulatory-risks through desktop research, document review, site visits, interactive workshops and facilitation.
Our team brings a deep understanding of IFC Performance Standards, World Bank Group EHS Guidelines, Equator Principles, international norms, and international impact assessment.As Lender Independent Environmental and Social Consultant, we have performed >30 ESDD assessments for transactions worldwide, including the Panama Canal expansion and one of the world's largest pipeline and terminal networks. Examples of recent ESDD assignments include:
- Solar PV facility development in Honduras
- Solar PV facility development in Mexico
- Gas to liquids plant development in Trinidad & Tobago
- Unconventional shale gas fields in Colorado and Wyoming
- Thermal power plant, offloading terminal and transmission lines, Liberia
- Chlor-alkali plant, Trinidad and Tobago
- Oil exploration blocks in Peru
- Gas Pipeline Construction Liability Assessment, U.S.
- Biotechnology industry in Spain
- National steel and aluminum industry in Venezuela
- Chemical plant in Korea
- Refinery site in Africa
- Oil fields in Russia, Kazakhstan, and worldwide
- Agrifoods plants worldwide
- Chemical plants in the U.S. and Canada
- LNG terminal site in U.S.
- Largest steel industry in the U.S.
- Numerous commercial and industrial facilities throughout the U.S.
Our president and staff have worked side by side with investors, attorneys, corporate executives and operations managers in performing these assessments.
Acorn International developed a protocol and suite of guidelines and tools for guiding environmental due diligence in a complete and consistent manner. The protocol is based on and consistent with ASTM site assessment standards, but goes beyond that standard to integrate lessons learned from more than 20 years of experience in evaluating and designing solutions for assets in developing countries in cooperation with international industries, financiers, and regulators.
To read more about our Due Diligence Assessment projects, visit our Experience page.